DukeSloth has a good video out today on changes coming to the New World PTR for the Rise of the Angry Earth expansion and season 3.
My summary of changes:
- Regeneration Serum is removed; it was too strong
- PvP artifacts won't be locked to 100+ level so don't stress about not being at 100+
- Artifacts on the free season pass track will be available as world drops later on; still worth getting on the free season 3 track vs farming later. No artifacts on the paid track.
- Magnify will now show when you are setting attributes; not after you set them so you know exactly what attribute it is applying to
- Outpost Rush (OPR) crates dropped AFTER the update will drop up to 700 GS; so you could OPR day 1 and get a 700 GS reward
- Runestone Stopwatches are no longer used in crafting; TBD what they will reward when salvaged (it better be good or I'm gonna be upset)
These changes hit a few of the areas I was starting to get worried about. Specifically the regeneration serum was going to be a mandatory super potion if left as it was. It would have made no sense to have in the game in the same patch where they are specifically nerfing healing potions in many aspects (especially in PvP).
I am curious what Runestone Stopwatches will salvage into. It would be ideal to know before the patch. If it's not a great salvage then it would be much better to spend them now on something like crafting bags that you won't be racing out to change. If it's really good then I will want to create more stopwatches and since they are daily cooldowns then I need to know now or each day I lose out!
Lastly its good to get confirmation that OPR crates, dropped AFTER the update, will go up to 700 GS. I am sure it will be rarer but the possibility along with the PvP track rewards should keep PvP players neutral (I'd say happy but us PvP players are a tough lot to make happy). Also this means anyone saving up OPR crates currently won't get an unfair advantage once the update is live.